Thursday 24 July 2008

Depressed, Deflated and Delusional


Today I stuck another pin in the already rapidly deflating balloon of the estate agency "profession" and I almost felt sorry for them. As "liquid renters" Brian and I are currently the Holy Grail of the property experts who are, despite all indications to the contrary, still labouring under the illusion that we are desperate to buy and quit our very comfortable rented house. Not so.. and I am finding it difficult to keep patience with the falsely cheery chappies (and chapesses) who ring me up to see what they can do for me (frankly nothing I couldn't do a hell of a lot better myself) when really they are crossing their fingers, and toes, that I will be doing something for them ie. buy one of their uninspiring and still, incredibly, overpriced properties. Despite the recent closure of no less than 5 estate agents' office in the centre of Middletown, it seem that message is still not getting through that Estate Agency is now as sad, flat and out of time as a dropped pancake on Ash Wednesday. Let the lean times roll.

No comments: