Thursday 13 November 2008

Sofa Suffering

This week at CAB I met a very nice man who, through no fault of his own, was homeless and therefore "sofa surfing" at various friends' houses. At home we have a very annoying man who is sofa surfing because he is a pest! When GF was with us, Sir William and I allowed her to share our sofa (best view of the telly) and Sir W would happily settle down on his blanket between us, next to the TV remote and WW choc bars, while Brian seethed with jealousy from his very own, self-chosen sofa on the other side of the room. No longer! Now when I come in from stacking the dishwasher after preparing our delicious evening repast and look forward to an evening of well-deserved, uninterrupted viewing in the company of my Beloved, there is an interloper on the sofa, interfering with my pussy. I don't like it and neither does he. Worse still, if I manage to get there first, Brian has the cheek to insinuate both his cheeks between me and Sir W and interfere with everything, including the pouffe, all at once. Sir William has done his best to make Brian aware of his grave mistake, giving him The Look and then staring pointedly at the vacant sofa but to no avail. So last night, after several evenings' provocation, he lost it and if Brian has the audacity to sit on our sofa tonight, thick skin notwithstanding, he'd better be wearing protective gloves and body armour because between my elbows and Sir W's newly-honed claws, he'll soon find out who put the "ouch" in couch.