Monday 1 September 2008

J.F.D.I.

I'll have to let you work out this particular acronym for yourselves or Blogspot will be showing me the door. It came to my attention only a couple of days ago when a friend was telling me about a recent marriage of her acquaintance which had patently lost its initial gloss, although I also have it on good authority that it is common currency in government circles - yet another indicator that Gordon is out of the loop. If you're struggling, let me tell you that it is a command which leaves the recipient in absolutely no doubt that he (or she) had better comply - pronto! I made the mistake of letting Brian in on the secret and ever since he has been rehearsing it around the house with adolescent glee. I'm not sure who, if anyone, is his intended target but Sir William has told me, through his six remaining, tightly clenched teeth, that if he ever hears it directed at either his Good Self, or his Beloved Mama, there will be a blood-bath which will make the Yorkshire Terrier Incident look like the Teddy Bears' picnic.

No comments: